London Blog Pt. 5 - "A beautiful day for a picnic"

Today I did something I haven't done in many, many years. I went on a picnic in the park. 

In my defense, picnicking isn't something we really do in Phoenix. Either the weather is too hot, or if it's cool you go for a hike. But at least among my friends and I, we don't really picnic. Trust me, by October/November, when our weather is better back home, I'm totally hosting a picnic. :)

Maybe it's because we associate picnicking with summer and in the summer it's just too darn hot. But here in London the weather is gorgeous. It's been in the low to mid 80s, so I think some of the locals are feeling a bit warm, this is hotter than usual, but I know what's waiting for me back home, so I am NOT complaining. 

Today we decided to go up to Regents Park for a picnic, some of Alicia and David's friends met us there and we spent a lovely afternoon out in the shade and fresh air. Us and a large number of tourists and Londoners, the park was quite the popular spot.

We didn't get to tour the rest of the park, but from our little corner of heaven it was pretty fantastic. Now we're back at the flat with a freshly fed baby who's already crashing to sleep. I think we're going to order something in and watch some movies. Girls night! :) But for now, I'll leave you with a few pictures from our day.

Our spot. A nice little tree-lined "alley" behind the hedgerow.

Picnic spread from Marks & Spencer.



The sun would go in and out but it was there for most of the day.

Leaving the park.

Comments