Big news! Let the countdown begin.

Ok, so some people have heard bits and pieces of this already and a select few know all the details, but at last I can share with everyone that once again...





London bound!!!!!!



.....I'm going back to London! Whoo hoo!!!!!! 

Even better, in addition to spending several weeks in London (hanging out with one of my besties, Alicia, and my super adorable godson Alex, like last summer) I will also be spending a week or so in Prague with my dear friend Hannah (aka Heroine Chic) and five weeks in Oxford studying through the ACMRS (Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies) and staying at the CMRS smack bang in the middle of Oxford.

Let me just let that sink in for a moment. Five weeks. Studying. In. Oxford. *swoon!!!*

I know my undergrad first-year comp students would think five weeks of "summer school" sounds like a bad way to spend summer vacation but I'm already on cloud nine. Especially after finding out that I'll be able to get a short term library card for the Bodleian Library. My classmates in the program will be spending our 3-day weekends traveling to Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, etc. and I will be spending them scouring books at the Bodleian. And enjoying every. single. moment. :) 

Seriously, I'm so excited. I've known since last summer that I was going to do everything I could to get back there for this summer, but this is turning out to be even more than I expected. This summer is going to be epic. And I will be sure to share as much of it as I can with you all here on the blog. 

As you might have noticed, last summer the daily blogging got hard towards the end, and the last week got lost. So I'm not going to promise daily posts, but I will be aiming for at least 3 per week and will be updating Twitter and Facebook probably every day. 

For now, I'm desperately trying to get my last seminar papers done by next weekend and guiding my students towards turning in their final papers, and then I'll have ALL the grading. But with the flight already booked and being fully confirmed in the Oxford program I at least have something amazing to look forward to. 

So let the countdown begin...Epic Summer 2014 starts on June 3rd! Stay tuned!
View from St. Mary's in Oxford. I can't believe I'm going to get to spend 5 weeks here! I can't wait!


Comments