A Tribute to James Galanos at the Phoenix Art Museum



Last week I took a visit to the Phoenix Art Museum with a friend to check out the current fashion design exhibition featuring designer James Galanos. It was a fun day and an incredible exhibition, so many gorgeous timeless pieces. As always I had to take about a million pictures and I thought I'd share some of them with you. It's been ages since I've done any fashion content on here! I think the last museum/fashion history post was my trip to the Fashion Museum on Bath! So it was definitely time. The exhibition is on at the Phoenix Art Museum until January 7th, 2018, you can find more information about the exhibition and visiting the museum here.

Let me know in the comments which outfit is your favorite! Mine is a the emerald green satin dress (4th picture down), although the red gown in the picture above is a very close second. I hope you enjoy the pictures!




































Thanks for scrolling all the way to the bottom! Let me know your favorite piece from the exhibition in the comments below. :) 

xo 
Andrea

Comments

  1. I love the yellow rose gown, and the three above that picture. But also the green and the green suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow rose gown is one of my faves too! I love the back of it. :)

      Delete
  2. My fave was the silk chiffon flower printed dress with the red, black and green ribbon jacket. It was even more beautiful in person and I was attracted to the contrasts in the two pieces. I also took photos of all the outfits but I like how you focused on so many details and took closeups which alas I did not do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a gorgeous one too! I try to take a mix of full length and detailed closeups. Designers like Galanos are so good with the details. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Love the chiffon flower print dress with the ribbon jacket. The chiffon was handled so well with the pleats continuing up to the empire waist. Also loved the sleeves on the grecian print. They were so graceful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment